Original Lactation Cookies [6 pcs]
Original Lactation Cookies [6 pcs]
Deliveries are in the Lower Mainland on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
$18 for 6 cookies
Feeding Mama Original Lactation Cookies are a healthy, convenient snack for nursing parents. Each bite is packed with superior ingredients that supplement your daily nutrition and encourage healthy milk production.
We developed this recipe to deliver galactagogues - potent food and herbal ingredients with history and tradition of improving lactation. We chose flax, oatmeal, pumpkin seeds, black sesame seeds, and because our product is made from natural ingredients, every morsel contains all the benefits without hidden calories, added sugars, or artificial components.
This isn’t just a cookie, it’s a treat with a job.
These are free of preservatives, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, refined sugars, and are vegan.
Ingredients: Gluten-free flour (rice flour, buckwheat flour, corn starch, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum), gluten-free rolled oats, organic unsweetened applesauce, organic medjool dates, organic pumpkin seeds, organic maple syrup, organic coconut oil, red dates, tahini, millet, ground flax, black sesame seeds, organic true cinnamon, organic ground ginger, organic vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many can I eat per day?
Two cookies daily is our recommended amount.
How quickly should I see results?
Results may vary for each individual. Usually, after enjoying two cookies daily for at least four consecutive days, there should be an increase in milk production. It can be beneficial to consult a lactation specialist if you aren’t seeing an increase.
What is the best way to store lactation cookies?
Our cookies are quite moist so we recommend storing them in the refrigerator. Our cookies are best enjoyed at room temperature or gently warmed.
Can I eat lactation cookies while pregnant?
We recommend consulting your healthcare provider before starting any products during your pregnancy.
What makes Feeding Mama lactation cookies different from others?
- There are many lactation cookies available on the market, each with its own benefits. At Feeding Mama, we carefully built recipes as vehicles for healing ingredients
- Red dates help your digestive health, and are considered to be a Chinese superfood because of their high vitamin C content. Vitamin C, coupled with the amino acid profile in red dates, aids in immune health, tissue healing/building, and recovery. Red dates are also known to help minimize insomnia and anxiety.
- Ginger improves digestion, reduces inflammation, soothes cramps, and increases circulation, which is key for recuperation and immune health.
- Cinnamon is warming for the circulation, too, and full of antioxidants, helping the body with repair. It (plus the cookie’s fibre content) also helps to quell inflammation, improve insulin sensitivity, and manage blood-glucose and cholesterol levels, which can help prevent diabetes and heart disease.
- Our cookies are high in fibre (thanks to complex carbohydrates, ground flax, and whole grains), helping to satisfy your needs, aiding your digestive health, as well as assists your body’s natural cleansing processes.
- We are currently in the process of making our cookies gluten-free, and at this time they are free of preservatives, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, refined sugars, and are vegan, to accommodate the needs of many families in our community.
Do I need to consult my doctor/midwife before eating lactation cookies?
The ingredients we choose are safe for parents and babies, but we will always recommend consulting your health provider before trying something new.